International Women's Day 2021
About International Women's Day
International Women's Day is a global day celebrating the social, economic, cultural and political achievements of women. The day also marks a call to action for accelerating gender parity. Significant activity is witnessed worldwide as groups come together to celebrate women's achievements or rally for women's equality.
Marked annually on March 8th, International Women's Day (IWD) is one of the most important days of the year to:
- celebrate women's achievements
- raise awareness about women's equality
- lobby for accelerated gender parity
- fundraise for female-focused charities
The campaign theme for International Women's Day 2021 is 'Choose To Challenge'. A challenged world is an alert world. And from challenge comes change. So let's all #ChooseToChallenge.
What do our employees think?
To celebrate and raise awareness for International Women’s Day 2021, we thought what better way than to start a discussion with our employees on what International Women’s Day means to them. Here’s what they had to say:
What does International Women’s Day mean to you? Why do you think it is important?
- "It’s an opportunity to reflect on and celebrate the many positive changes that have happened to create equality."
- "It’s a day where we reflect on improvements made for women’s rights and an opportunity to discuss further improvements throughout the world."
- "It shines a spotlight on the many inspirational, supportive and motivational stories."
How do you feel Custard challenge inequality, question stereotypes, and helps to forge an inclusive world?
- "Equal opportunities for both men and women in all areas across the business, including job roles and training opportunities."
- "Our technical team is a mix of both male and female employees, overcoming gender stereotypes that exist in the tech industry."
- "We have a Board of Directors inclusive of both male and female roles, with one of our Directors shortlisted for a Women in Business Award last year."
How do you feel about having an inclusive and diverse workplace?
- "Diversity enhances creativity. Diversity offers different perspectives, leading to better decision making and problem solving."
- "Working in a diverse and inclusive environment, we’re exposed to a wider range of different opinions, ideas and skills."
- "Working in an inclusive workplace actively creates a culture that is open and welcoming to all, which has a positive impact on our mental wellbeing."
Who can support International Women's Day?
International Women's Day is not country, group, nor organisation specific. No one government, NGO, charity, corporation, academic institution, women's network, or media hub is solely responsible for International Women's Day. The day belongs to all groups collectively everywhere.
Gloria Steinem, world-renowned feminist, journalist and activist once explained "The story of women's struggle for equality belongs to no single feminist, nor to any one organisation, but to the collective efforts of all who care about human rights." So make International Women's Day your day and do what you can to truly make a positive difference for women and equality.
We’re technicians, engineers, salespeople, number crunchers and directors (but above all, we’re a bunch of geeky gurus).
We’ve got over two decades of experience in the IT industry, delivering friendly jargon-free IT support and services for businesses across the East Midlands and the UK. We are a fast-growing company that supports businesses across many different sectors, from manufacturing companies to charities. Whether your company needs help with IT infrastructure, flexible and reliable hardware or expert technical consultancy – we offer tailor-made IT support solutions to help your business continue to grow and thrive in this modern world.
We work to create a company culture that sustains a motivated workforce and encourages personal development to ensure our team thrive. Our employees are given opportunities to develop and learn new skills, attend team building events and are awarded for their dedication.
Our team is made up of friendly IT support professionals whose focus is always based on the customer experience and providing excellent service – and we're always looking for talented people to join the Custard team. Click the link below to see our current vacancies.